I frequently teach, write, and speak on a variety of topics including philosophy and design, information architecture, lean process and theory, design research, and design thinking. I have delivered presentations at domestic and international conferences, and my articles have been published in both academic journals and practitioner publications. I am the author of a book entitled Design for Dasein, which deals with the relationship between (post)phenomenology, experience design, and design thinking.
My design skills span across human-centered design, systemic design, facilitation, design research, sensemaking, critique, and service design.
Research interests include the philosophy of design, design ethics, sustainability, discursive design, and questions of rationality and irrationality.
Contact me for:
- Short term consulting on a design problem you face
- Project-based workshop facilitation: I use custom workshops to move through complex projects, emphasizing collaboration and rigor
- Educational workshop facilitation: I design bespoke curriculum to help your team beef up on human-centered design, design thinking, service design, and even design theory
- Leading design project teams through complex, ambiguous, challenging projects
- Speaking engagements: I'll give a talk about any design topic that mixes accessibility with depth