Surrounding Signifiers is a design strategy and research consultancy for a new breed of nimble, adaptive companies who listen to weak signals, learn, iterate, and design products that solve real problems.
Research, strategy, and design are not "phases"—they are components of a process that work together and co-construct each other.
We cannot think about solutions until we understand problems, and we cannot understand problems until we think about solutions.
Surrounding Signifiers takes a holistic and praxis-driven approach to design, meaning that we rely on theory-driven practice to understand the context of a problem, design solutions, and then determine how those solutions affect the entire system. This allows us to design solutions with the speed of a startup and the rigor of an academic.
The relationship between humans and technology is constantly shifting. We help make sense of it.
Get in touch if:
- you seek deep understanding of end users: their habits, needs, desires, frustrations
- you are at a company that needs to launch new products
- your startup needs advice on product strategy or how to design the first release
- your company needs to improve its service offering
- you are organizing a conference and want me to speak
- you would like to book a workshop
- you want to take a class